Ways You Can Help Support SDGS
San Diego Genealogical Society is a all volunteer, public benefit non-profit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt
organization financed solely by membership dues and donations. All donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by
- Consult with your financial advisor about making a contribution to the San Diego Genealogical Society.
Please consider supporting the Society in one or more of the following ways:
- Become a Member or Upgrade your membership level from Basic to Silver, Gold or Platinum. Questions? Contact our Membership Director.
- Volunteer your time, knowledge or skills.
- Make a purchase of SDGS publications
- Participate in a SDGS Sponsored Event
- Vehicle Donations - Unwanted vehicles, such as cars, trucks, boats and recreational vehicles, will turn your unwanted vehicle into cash for the San Diego Genealogical Society. For more information call Action Donation Services 1-866-244-8464.
- Cash donation
A check made payable to the San Diego Genealogical Society is the simplest way to financially support the Society and its activities. You may designate a specific use for your donation if you wish.
Make a donation to the Society now using PayPal
- Amazon Smile Shop online and help the society by purchasing through Amazon Smile. You Shop - Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. Please choose SDGS. https://smile.amazon.com/
- Used non-genealogy books - The San Diego Genealogical Society sells used paperback and hardback books for a nominal cost at Society meetings. The sale of these books generates income for the Society.
Igive.com donates a portion of your purchases to SDGS. The San Diego Genealogical Society (a 501(c)3 non-profit, public benefit corporation) has registered with Igive.com and is eligible to receive these donations.
To use Igive.com, first set up a free account and register the San Diego Genealogical Society as your charitable organization. Registration is quick and easy.
- Employer matching gifts
Many companies have 'matching gift' plans that match donations made by employees and retirees of the company to nonprofit organizations. The procedure is simple. Just fill out your company's 'matching gift' form and send it along with your check to SDGS.
Other ways to contribute
There are many other ways to contribute to the San Diego Genealogical Society. To support the San Diego Genealogical Society and its objectives please consider one of these:
- Bequests (in a will or living trust)
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Gifts of life insurance
- Gifts of real estate
- Gifts of securities
- Memorial Gifts